I've been in Minnesota for the past week or so, and here are some things I've learned:
1. There are places in the world where the ambient color really is green. (I already knew this, but every time I come to Minnesota I'm confronted with this reality again.)
2. If your kid has to have his appendix out, Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia, MN is not a bad place to get it done.
3. Coffee shops sell more than coffee. In particular, the smoothies at Caribou Coffee are outstanding. (This one's a shout-out to my FiL, who is a dedicated coffee drinker and one of the most social persons I know.)
4. It's probably for the best that we don't have Half Price Books in Utah County. I spent all of my trip allowance--and then some--buying books there (with an assist from Magers and Quinn). It wasn't even hard to do.
5. As impressive as it is, the Mall of America is really just a great big shopping mall. I've been twice now, and I don't think I need to go again.
6. A cross-country road trip isn't the only way to get somewhere, but with the right people it's a lot of fun. And my family is definitely the right people. Thanks, guys.